By following just a few simple rules, you can avoid unnecessary wear and tear and extend the life of your leather accessories for years.
- Leather can stretch. Avoid overfilling your handbag, purse or wallet to maintain its original silhouette;
- Do not use any chemical cleaners to care for the product;
- Take extra care with leather items you use often. Take the time to regularly clean the product using a cleaning milk/a neutral cream (not for Nubuck leather) and a lightly moistened cloth;
- Scratches can detract the nice appearance of a flawlessly crafted piece of leather. Take care to avoid contact with heavily embellished clothes, sharp surfaces, or jewelry when wearing leather accessories;
- Keep the product dry and avoid contact with damp or wet surfaces;
- Wet leather requires extra care, so if rain is forecast, remember to take an umbrella.
Storing your leather accessory appropriately is one of the easiest ways you can prevent damage and maintain a high-quality of the product:
- Store leather away from direct sunlight as this can cause fading;
- Store handbags in a dust bag to avoid scratches;
- Avoid using plastic bags, they prevent good ventilation;
- Store leather away from artificial sources of heat, e.g. radiators can cause leather to dry and crack.